Sustainable on the Seine
The Home is designed to accommodate unexpected loss of mobility, as well as for aging in place.
- Super quite and efficient Zuba heat pump. The Zuba-Central provides excellent heating performance in Canadian winters, even under extremely low outdoor temperatures at -30°C and beyond
- One central gas boiler to provide domestic hot water, floor heat for garage and basement, and emergency back-up heat for the heat pump
- All shelving and windowsills made from quality Birch plywood. The plywood is sealed with a varnish made with environmentally friendly whey and plant based resins that displace toxins and carcinogens found in traditional wood finishes
- Fiberglass window frames
- House on piles with 12” of void and 3.25 inches of subterra insulation under the basement floor
- Basement walls made of Insulated Concrete forms.